New & returning members please complete the membership form below.
2019-2020 Oakland Band Membership Form All new and returning members of the Oakland Band please complete the online membership form for the 2019-2020 school year.
Workshops/Auditions for Fall 2019
Color Guard 4:30-7:30pm – April 16, 18, 23 & 25 [Auditions April 30]
Percussion 5:00-7:00pm – April 18; May 6 & 9 [Auditions May 16]
Drum Major 3:30-5:00pm – May 6, 9 & TBD [Auditions May 16]
2019-2020 Oakland Band Kickoff Meeting – Monday, May 20th, 6:30pm OHS Band Room
Thank you to all who support the Oakland Band Program! For information on how to become a sponsor of the Oakland Band, please visit Sponsorship Opportunities.
Thank you to the students, parents, staff and supporters for your continued hard work and dedication to the Oakland Band Program! The Directors appreciate each and every one of you!
NATIONAL STANDARDS OF MUSIC EDUCATION
1. Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
2. Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
3. Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments.
4. Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines.
5. Reading and notating music.
6. Listening to, analyzing, and describing music.
7. Evaluating music and music performances.
8. Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts.
9. Understanding music in relation to history and culture.